Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketing
Traditional Marketing – The world of advertising was dominated by traditional methods of marketing before the onset of the internet and the digital era. Anything related to the print media, radio or television falls under the category of traditional marketing. With the advent of the digital space, as businesses shifted base to the internet (and having an online presence), digital marketing became the method of advertising for business-owners. Digital marketing involves the use of digital platforms on the World Wide Web. Content development, blogging, social media optimization, infographics etc are some of the aspects of digital marketing.
- More appealing to the older generation. If seniors dominate the demographics that you are targeting, then your marketing methods should tilt towards the traditional methods. On the contrary, if you have a mixed bag in terms of demographics, then, you may risk losing the younger clients.
- A lot of people from the older generation have stuck on to old-school habits. Reading the paper or tuning into the radio would be much more their cup of tea than ‘going online’ to look for what’s new.
- It is hard to track the leads that come in from traditional marketing – whether it was a TV ad, a billboard or a radio spot that got them interested in your product/service. You can always ask but customers won’t necessarily remember as to what made the biggest impact on them.
- Movement of traditional marketing professionals to digital marketing industries in recent times is reflective of the growing popularity of digital marketing as the preferred method of advertising.
- It can be very cost-effective. You can save a lot of money in getting prospects by using certain digital marketing techniques which can otherwise be a really costly affair.
- It is eco-friendly. Since digital marketing is done over a virtual space, there is no usage of paper which means that there is no cutting of trees to produce paper as there is in traditional marketing.
- It can be tracked easily with analytics software – you can, with just a few clicks, find out which web page is doing well and how people are finding about your business.
- It is always in flux. You have to be up to date with the changing digital marketing trends.
- It can be overwhelming to those who are new to the business/industry. New technologies are constantly emerging which may add to the confusion – it takes time and effort to keep pace with the emerging processes.
This is where digital marketing firms such as TDM Agency come into the picture which can take care of all your marketing efforts in the most cost-effective manner. If you wish to streamline your marketing process, get in touch with TDM agency today!